After about 18 months at The Roxbury Hotel in Glebe, Resolved church is moving to Golden Grove, which is at 5 Forbes Street, Newtown. We are very excited to move but I’m sure some of you are asking, ‘Why the move?’ I mean, when you’re at a cool pub why not stay there? Here are the reasons for the move:
1. Space. Right now at the Roxbury, if we hit our average for the year the room is feeling full. This is an issue because we want people to feel like there is always more room for new people and there are always seats for their friends that don’t know Jesus. Right now a semi full room is not allowing us to grow. Golden grove has an auditorium which can seat over 100 people. This will allow Resolved to enter into its next stage of growth.
2. Crèche. Over the past little while there has been an influx of new life at Resolved and we therefore need a dedicated room for Creche. We did make do at the Roxbury but to move forward we need a room where kids can be taught about Jesus and play safely, and Golden Grove has ample rooms for this to happen.
Other than room for growth and crèche, the Golden Grove site has many other things going for it. Here’s a sample:
- Very close to public transport
- Great parking
- Beautiful grounds
- Close to great food on King Street in Newtown,
- Very close to Sydney University, which will help our outreach to the university.
- Very close to government housing blocks, which we can seek to impact with the love of Jesus
In short, I’m very excited about the move and I’m hoping that you are, too! Please pray that God would use to Resolved to impact the city of Sydney with the love of Jesus, for God’s glory!
Click here if you want to come to the Resolved Prayer Night at Golden Grove.
And here, if you want to come to our First Service at Golden Grove!