What are we on about at Resolved?
One of the things any organisation, whether it be a church, a company, or any other conglomeration of people, must ask is “What are we on about?” This is crucial because this question defines and controls everything the organisation does.
If you were going to answer the question “What is Resolved on about?” what would you say? In the last month I have heard Resolved described as:
- “The cool church”
- “The church that meets in the pub”
- “The church filled with angsty, young 20-somethings”
- “The ‘out there’ church”
- “The Musician/arty church”
I think, to differing extents, these descriptions are true (except the cool part!) but I wish we weren’t described as these things. I wish we were described as:
- The church which is on fire for Jesus (Acts 4:23-31)
- The church which is passionate for those that don’t know Jesus yet (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
- The church where people are lovingly confronted by Jesus in a real way (Acts 17:16-33)
- The church where people really love like Jesus (1 John 4:7-11)
- The church where people want to change because of what Jesus has done for them (Acts 19:17-19)
You know what? I think I have seen all of the above at Resolved. I have been encouraged to see and hear of people praying for friends to know Jesus. I have been excited as I have seen people grow in their knowledge and love of Jesus. I have seen people come to Resolved who don’t know Jesus and they have come to know him!
See, what we are on about at Resolved is Jesus! We want to glorify him and make him known! I pray that you are on board with that vision too! I pray that you are praying for your friends to know Jesus and that you are inviting them along to church or your community group. I pray that you are seeking to change in response to what you are hearing at church and studying in community group. I pray that you are growing to love the people at Resolved more because of the love that Jesus has poured into your heart!
What is Resolved on about?
One word……. Jesus!
Are you on about Jesus too?