Last year I hit 30 and for some reason I thought “Man I am getting old!” Now after I was brought back down to earth by a friend who said “Just wait till you hit 50!” I thought about my life and thought what do I wanna be like when I am fifty? What kind of pastor, what kind of leader do I want to be? When I thought about it and I let my imagination go here is the list that I came up with:
- A well known (famous) Pastor
- An exceptional preacher
- A pastor of a large and significant church
- An author of many books
I then thought about what God wants me to be and here is what I came up with:
- He wants me to be a great Husband and Father ( 1 Timothy 3:4-5, Ephesians 5:22-6:4)
- He wants me to have grown in my life and doctrine (1 Timothy 4:16)
- He wants me to be faithful in my preaching (2 Timothy 4:1-2)
- He wants me to be a man of prayer.
When I compare the two lists two things becomes apparent
- I need to kill my pride!
- God is more concerned with my faithfulness than my status
What kind of person do you want to be in the future?