Everyone in ministry wants to finish well. We all want to hand off the ministries that we have built and created well. Ed Stetzer has written a great blog called 5 Reasons Some Leaders Finish Poorly. Make sure you read the whole blog (especially the great story about Jack Hayford!). But for now, here are the five reasons that Ed gives as to why some leaders finish poorly.
1. They did not trust the very people they developed for succession.
2. They fought over things which were just not that important.
3. Their identities were too connected to their movement.
4. They grew angrier as they grew older.
5. They could not pass on what they helped create.
Ed elaborates on each of these points. But it made me think as a young man how am I going to work each day to minister well and finish well?
What are you doing in your life to make sure you finish well?
You May also like: